The Embassy of Kazakhstan is closed every Wednesday.
Additional requirements for applicants of Kazakh origin
Applicants of Kazakh origin must submit proof that their citizenship has been formally relinquished through the Embassy of Kazakhstan in Washington DC. For instructions please see the Embassy relinquishment page
Additional requirements for minors
• Application form. The application form must be signed by both parents.
• Birth certificate. A copy of the applicant's birth certificate.
• Parents' passport copies. A copy of the information pages of both parents' signed passports.
• Letter of consent. A letter of consent addressed to the Embassy of Kazakhstan, signed by both patents and specifying who will be traveling with the child, the purpose of the trip, dates of travel, places to be visited, and the names and addresses of any contacts in Kazakhstan.
• Renunciation certificate. Parents of Kazakh origin are required to provide proof of renunciation of Kazakh citizenship.
All foreign citizen must register at the local Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan or at the hotel within 72 hours upon arrival to Kazakhstan.